Pilgangoora Lithium Project
The Pilgangoora Lithium Project, located 100 km south of Port Hedland, is a greenfield project with mining, processing, and support infrastructure currently under construction. Open pit mining and ore stockpiling is currently in progress, in advance of the process plant, which is scheduled for completion in Q1 2018.
The tailings storage facility has been designed for a capacity of 0.72 Mtpa for a total tailings capacity of 10.08 Mt.
Knight Piésold’s Role:
Services provided include:
- Final design of the tailings storage facility that included (but not limited to) consequence/hazard assessment, seismic assessment, geotechnical review, tailings testing, tailings geochemistry, water balance modelling, hazard assessment, seepage and stability analysis, and closure concept design.
- Design of the tailings storage facility, as well as the provision of construction drawings, scope of work, and technical specifications.
- Project management, including approval of design modifications and technical queries.
- Construction supervision of all earthworks to meet the requirements of the drawings and technical specifications, including daily and weekly report submission, attending daily and weekly site meetings, and construction progress tracking.
- Providing QA/QC, including material in-situ and laboratory soil testing, and general guidance to the contractor undertaking the works.