Senior Civil / Geotechnical Engineer – Mine Waste
Due to a rapidly expanding workload in our London, UK office, Knight Piésold has a requirement for a senior civil / geotechnical engineer to join our mine waste team.
We are looking for a high calibre self-motivated individual who will be adaptable and able to fit in comfortably within a small dynamic team at a senior level.
The role will involve international projects with expected periods of travel overseas.
The successful applicant will be qualified to a minimum degree level in Civil Engineering, Mining Engineering, Geology or a related subject, preferably with a Masters level or above qualification in Geotechnical Engineering, Soil Mechanics or related subject with a minimum of ten years’ experience in either the design or operation of mine waste facilities. The successful candidate will be able to:
- Direct field work programs associated with geotechnical site investigations;
- Interpret data from geotechnical site investigations and laboratory testing to determine type, classification and geotechnical engineering characteristics of soils;
- Perform geotechnical analysis and designs of excavations, embankments, earthworks, dams, foundations, fluid or mine waste impoundments;
- Develop or lead the development of clear and concise reports to present the complete work to clients or others;
- Provide technical review of study reports, drawings and technical specifications;
- Review project information including source criteria, scope of work, procedures and requirements, diagrams and drawings, specifications and other client-produced documents, to determine the approach and work to be undertaken, budgeted, scheduled and implemented;
- Mentor and develop less experienced staff in completing work tasks that meet both client and internal quality/efficiency expectations. Lead and demonstrate through responsible project management leadership with an emphasis on teamwork;
- Become the client liaison in all matters related to the project or the undertaking. Develop working relationships with the client representatives and staff;
- Investigate, assess and assist in securing assignments in the mining sector. Provide knowledgeable contributions to the company’s overall marketing strategy including the development of project proposals.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a young and expanding specialist technical team at a senior level, with generous remuneration and profit share structure.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and be fluent in English. A second language will be viewed favourably.
To apply, please submit your CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.