At Knight Piésold, we believe in the one-team approach, with everyone working together toward achieving a shared goal. There are no barriers, and no one works in isolation. You will get to build on your talents through our knowledge-sharing culture, working across borders and collaborating with top professionals in the industry.
We value each employee and recognize their contribution to overall success of the company. We offer competitive compensation in order to retain the best employees and are committed to further reward employees who consistently perform at a high level.
In addition, we also offer comprehensive benefits programs, social events, and stimulating work. If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding work environment where you can excel, Knight Piésold has it all.
We are hiring an experienced Geotechnical Engineer in our Denver office.
The successful job applicant will be part of a dynamic geotechnical engineering team and will direct and review the integration of technical activities and products related to geotechnical work, including planning and participating in geotechnical site investigation/laboratory testing programs and results interpretation, geotechnical analysis, detail design, technical support during construction, reporting, and communications. Projects may include water dams, tailing dams, heap leach pads, mine waste rock dumps, heavily-loaded structural foundations, and other earthworks, mining, and renewable energy facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Intimately understand and be able to work effectively in the field of geotechnical engineering
- Direct field work programs associated with geotechnical site investigations
- Interpret in-situ data from geotechnical site investigations and analyze data from laboratory testing to determine type, classification and geotechnical engineering characteristics of soils
- Utilize the above information or information provided by others, perform geotechnical analysis and designs of, or make recommendations for, project components including excavations, dams, foundations, fluid or mine waste impoundments, spillways, pipeline or penstock anchorages
- Develop or lead the development of clear and concise letters or reports to present the complete work to clients or others
- Provide technical review of study reports, drawings and technical specifications
- Review project information including source criteria, scope of work, procedures and requirements, diagrams and drawings, specifications and other client-produced documents, to determine the approach and work to be undertaken, budgeted, scheduled and implemented. This requires working with a single engineering or scientific discipline or multiple disciplines.
- Mentor and develop less experienced staff in completing work tasks that meet both client and internal quality/efficiency expectations. Lead and demonstrate through responsible project management leadership. Emphasize teamwork and look for continuous improvement in all individual task and project work.
- Become the client liaison in all matters related to the project or the undertaking. Develop working relationships with the client representatives and staff.
- Investigate, assess and assist in securing assignments in the mining, water resources and hydropower sectors. Provide knowledgeable contributions to the company’s overall marketing strategy.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (BS) in civil engineering with an emphasis in geotechnical engineering.
- Master’s degree (MSc) in Geotechnical Engineering is strongly preferred.
- 3-9 years of experience.
- Registered, or on track to be registered, as a Professional Engineer (P.E.).
- Spanish language skills are a strong asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office and slope stability programs (e.g., GeoStudio and/or RocScience) required.
- Familiarity with gINT, FLAC or PLAXIS and other latest geotechnical design software strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Civil 3D is an asset.
Work will be in both office and field environment with travel to various outdoor sites determined by project needs. Adherence to safety standards including those of the firm, MSHA, OSHA is mandatory.
Knight Piésold is an affirmative action employer and race, color, gender, ethnicity, religion, disability and veteran status are not taken into account in any employment decision.